“I take refuge in the past. I find it a comfortable zone because
it’s already happened. It can’t be changed. It simply is. Only
these days we’ve managed to harness the past and convert it into showbiz.
And I’m delighted. It means historical bores like me stand a chance
of making some cash”.
Turtle, The Dubliner.
- A potted history of Ireland from earliest times to the present day.
Write Around Ireland
- humorous historical takes on Irish towns and villages.
- resurrecting families across the world.
- the stories behind some of Irelands' greatest architectural gems.
Heroes and Villains
- some of the more unusual and enigmatic children of Ireland.