Subscribe for Unlimited Access to Turtle’s History Quarter.

Includes content from Vanishing Ireland, Easter Dawn, Dublin Docklands, The Irish Pub, Maxol and many more, as well as Waterways Ireland, the Past Tracks project and hundreds of historical articles on Irish families, houses, companies and events.

Aidan ‘Ogie’ Nolan (1922-2017) Saddler & Harness Maker Enniscorthy

Ogie Nolan crouched beneath the speaker’s platform and watched with mounting astonishment as more and more Blueshirts piled into Enniscorthy’s Market Square. It was the summer of 1932, just a few months after de Valera’s Fianna Fail party had swept to power and launched Ireland into the Economic War with Britain. ‘Burn everything British except their coal,’ […]