Subscribe for Unlimited Access to Turtle’s History Quarter.

Includes content from Vanishing Ireland, Easter Dawn, Dublin Docklands, The Irish Pub, Maxol and many more, as well as Waterways Ireland, the Past Tracks project and hundreds of historical articles on Irish families, houses, companies and events.

Paddy Heaney (1931-2022) – Historian and Farmer – Cadamstown, County Offaly

Paddy Heaney’s knowledge of the Slieve Bloom Mountains is outstanding. He has made it his business to know about every square inch of the 60,000-acre region. He lives with his sister in a gorgeous setting by the Silver River in Cadamstown, County Offaly, one of five villages on the lower slops of the mountains. [1] […]