Subscribe for Unlimited Access to Turtle’s History Quarter.

Includes content from Vanishing Ireland, Easter Dawn, Dublin Docklands, The Irish Pub, Maxol and many more, as well as Waterways Ireland, the Past Tracks project and hundreds of historical articles on Irish families, houses, companies and events.

The Mystery of Guy Pinfield – March 2011

Dublin, April 25th 1916. Francis Sheehy-Skeffington could see that the British officer was still alive. Blood was seeping into the young man’s khaki uniform but his chest was still gently rising and falling. Bullets continued to ricochet off the walls and pavements around the entrance to Dublin Castle where the officer lay. Sheehy-Skeffington was an […]