Subscribe for Unlimited Access to Turtle’s History Quarter.

Includes content from Vanishing Ireland, Easter Dawn, Dublin Docklands, The Irish Pub, Maxol and many more, as well as Waterways Ireland, the Past Tracks project and hundreds of historical articles on Irish families, houses, companies and events.

Notes on Sutton, County Dublin

Click here for further tales of Dublin City and County Dublin, including Howth, Kilbarrack, Bayside and Raheny   The Land-Bridge   When the ancient Egyptian cartographer Ptolemy sketched his map of the known world some 1900 years ago, he sketched the Howth Head peninsula as an island. In the ensuing centuries, the island was connected […]